Enjoy the little things. Because one day you’ll look back and realise they were the important things… Life happens. Things change. Memories fade. As much as you might think you’ll always remember the way your life looks and feels today, chances are you’ll forget some of the most precious details.
You may simply wish to have a set of images that capture a slice of your life as it is today – your ordinary, daily life. Making coffee, walking the dog, preparing school lunches, bathing the kids.
Or perhaps you’re facing a big change and want to capture this time in your life before the shift happens.
- You’re about to pack up everything and go exploring the world.
- You’re moving from a family home after many years
- Preparing for the quietness of an empty nest after years of noise and laughter, yelling at the
- kids to pack away their laundry, cooking together, washing the dog…
- You discover a loved friend or family member has a serious illness.
- Granny is moving in to a retirement village or another city
These shoots are different.
I will spend a number of hours in your home photographing life as it is right now, with little interaction – I’ll try to be as unobtrusive as possible. There will be no posing or directing to get the right shot. The images will all be shot documentary style and unless otherwise requested will be edited in black and white.